Global SAI Stocktaking Report 2020
IDI published its fourth Global SAI Stocktaking Report
The recently launched Global SAI Stocktaking Report 2020 contains a wealth of data on the current situation and challenges of Supreme Audit Institutions (SAIs). It covers the period from 2017 to 2019.
The report’s findings are based on the results obtained from the INTOSAI Global Survey 2020, in which 178 SAIs and all Regional Organizations of INTOSAI took part. It furthermore integrates relevant results from an analysis of other data sources, including
- the SAI Performance Measurement Framework
- the PEFA assessments of the World Bank (Public Expenditure and Financial Accountability)
- the Open Budget Survey and
- the Economist Intelligence Unit Democracy Index 2020.
The report summarizes the performance of SAIs within each INTOSAI region, and provides comparative information on the INTOSAI Regional Organizations. The report also tracks changes over time, especially against the IDI Global SAI Stocktaking Report 2017.
The survey covers the following key areas of SAI performance:
- Independence and mandate
- Governance including strategic management and accountability
- Core audit services
- Professionalisation and human resource management
- Stakeholder management and communications
- Capacity development
- Crosscutting issues such as gender, inclusiveness and digitalisation.
As we mark one year into the Strategic Development Plan (SDP) for INTOSAI's Framework of Professional Pronouncements (IFPP), we would like to draw your attention to this important document and…
DPIDG/UNDESA and the International Budget Partnership (IBP) in collaboration with Supreme Audit Institutions (SAIs) and partners are organizing a webinar series (February 1, 8, 15 and April 11, 2024,…