SDP Joint Seminar in Manama
From 8 to 10 May 2023, the Forum for INTOSAI Professional Pronouncements (FIPP) convened in Manama, Bahrain, and held a joint seminar with the INTOSAI Goal Chairs and the INTOSAI General Secretariat to usher in the finalization process of the Strategic Development Plan (SDP) for the period 2023–2025. The SDP serves to establish the strategy and working plan for INTOSAI's standard-setting activities and will centre on the following initiatives:
- the ‘T’ Initiative: developing a clear and consistent terminology for the INTOSAI Framework of Professional Pronouncements (IFPP)
- the ‘P’ Initiative: identifying and analysing gaps and inconsistencies of the INTOSAI Principles
- the ‘I’ Initiative: ensuring clarity of the ISSAIs
- the ‘G’ Initiative: developing a better approach to providing guidance documents
- the ‘A’ Initiative: improving accessibility to the pronouncements
The exposure period for the draft SDP 2023–2025 ended on 14 April 2023. 34 SAIs, including the INTOSAI Development Initiative, the Financial Audit and Accounting Subcommittee, the Compliance Audit Subcommittee, the Performance Audit Subcommittee, the PSC Vice-Chair and the INTOSAI General Secretariat, provided input both on the draft SDP as well as on possible future projects.
The discussions served to analyse the responses received and to deliberate the scoping and implementation of the individual initiatives as well as the operational planning. Further key topics raised concerned
- communication on standard-setting developments between INTOSAI's standard-setting bodies and the INTOSAI community
- opportunities and means to facilitate the implementation of INTOSAI's professional pronouncements
- options for a more effective use of resources as regards the development of high-quality standards
- the presentation and accessibility of guidance documents produced by INTOSAI's working bodies (both within and outside the IFPP).
Please find further information on the elaboration process of the SDP 2023–2025 here.
As we mark one year into the Strategic Development Plan (SDP) for INTOSAI's Framework of Professional Pronouncements (IFPP), we would like to draw your attention to this important document and…
DPIDG/UNDESA and the International Budget Partnership (IBP) in collaboration with Supreme Audit Institutions (SAIs) and partners are organizing a webinar series (February 1, 8, 15 and April 11, 2024,…